- Early Childhood
- Older Adults
- Youth Development
- Neighborhood Affordability
- Non-Profit Contracting
- 2020 Census
Chinese-American Planning Council
Established in 1983, the Chinese-American Planning Council Home Attendant Program, Inc. is a home care worker provided under the NYC Human Resources Administration and licensed in 1998 as a not-for-profit home care services agency. The Agency is a subsidiary of the Chinese-American Planning Council, Inc. (CPC) founded in 1965, is the nation’s largest Asian American social services agency. The mission of the Agency is to provide quality home health care services in the homes of clients who are medically disabled, aged, and/or physically handicapped who might otherwise require institutionalization.
The Supervisory Nurse is a member of the Nursing Team and oversees a maximum caseload of 200 HSK/HA/PCA/HHA in Bronx, New York. The Supervisory Nurse is responsible to perform a competent level of nursing care as demonstrated by the critical thinking/nursing process. The standards of practice (assessment, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, coordination of care - teaching and health promotion and evaluation) along with the standards of professional performance (ethics, culturally congruent practice, communication, collaboration, leadership, education, evidence-based practice, quality, evaluation, resource utilization, and environmental health) encompass the actions and foundation of professional nursing.
1. Conduct initial assessment visit on HRA/MCO/MLTC cases: HA/PCA/HHA case within 24/72 working hours as needed, HK case within 30 days, Difficult-to Serve (DTS) case within 24 hours.
2. Conducts at least one (1) supervisory visit every 90 days for a HRA/MCO/MLTC case. (Note: Such Supervisory Visits shall be conducted in conjunction with Nursing Assessment Visits at its required 180 days interval in two of the four (4) or five (5) required nursing visitsduring the year.).
3. Conducts at least one (1) Supervisory Visit every 90 days for all Housekeeping cases (Note: One Initial Nursing Assessment Visit is mandated for all Housekeeping cases) Conducts one (1) Assessment Visit every 30 days for a DTS case.
4. Implements field operations in conjunction with the Director of Patient Services (DPS)/Assistant Director for Field Operations (ADFO)/Head Nurse.
5. Evaluates the performance of Home Health Aide/Home Attendant / Housekeeper employees in the Program.
6. Assesses whether the patient’s personal care service needs are being met.
7. Assists in field operations policy making and case management.
8. Provides orientation and in-service training to home health aides/ home attendants/housekeepers when needed.
9. Consults with the patient’s physician, social worker, family member, etc.,
10. Investigates for complaints of physical and /or sexual abuse within 24 hours as needed.
11. Provides at least six (6) hours of in-service training to HA/HK employees and twelve (12) hours in-service training to Home Health Aides every six (6) months.
12. Provides job orientation and on-the job training as needed.
13. Reviews and follow-up on home care employees’ medical examination / health assessment.
14. Reviews client, consumer, home health aide, home attendant, housekeeper and personal assistant files to ensure that all the required documents are completed.
15. Performs skilled nursing visit as needed.
16. Obtains Physician Orders as needed.
17. Maintains and documents direct communication with all patients, family, home care workers, coordinators, physicians, HRA, CASA offices, MCO/MLTC plans, etc.
18. Completes and submits all required nursing reports on a timely basis.
19. On Call as needed.
20. Conducts in-house health assessment for Personal Assistant / HHA / PCA / HA / HK.
21. Performs other duties as needed.
* Flexible with work hours
* Human relations and communication skills
* Ability to guide and coach others
* Conflict resolution skills
* Partnership skills
* De-escalation skills
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Employees must comply with safety protocols, including daily health questionnaire, face coverings, temperature checks, etc. CPC’s COVID Safety Protocols are available at https://www.cpc-nyc.org/covid-19.
Send cover letter and resume to Karina Lee, Director of Patient Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Supervisory Nurse” in the subject line.