- Early Childhood
- Older Adults
- Youth Development
- Neighborhood Affordability
- Non-Profit Contracting
- 2020 Census
Sunnyside Community Services
Our Mission: We enrich lives and strengthen communities through services and engagement for individuals at all ages, beginning with those most in need.
Our Vision: Sunnyside Community Services envisions diverse, inclusive, and caring communities where all people thrive and reach their fullest potential. Please visit our website at: www.scsny.org
Job Classification: Non-Exempt/Full-Time Reports to: OAC Director
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a multi-service, community-based organization providing a broad range of services to approximately 16,000 people of each year. Our services include: pre-kindergarten and after school programs; college prep and career programs for teens and young adults; supports for immigrants; a vibrant senior center, dedicated home care services, support and assistance for family caregivers, and social adult day program for people with cognitive and physical impairments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Learn and adhere to DFTA and DOT standards and requirements for transportation needs of the Older Adult Center and organization.
• Supervises and monitors the ID scanning process as well the electronic and paper tracking of all program activities with volunteers and staff.
• Conducts intakes for new and ongoing registrations of Transportation clients and assists with other membership registration.
• Maintains and respects confidentiality regarding members and donations
• Monitors transportation and trip activity scanning; monitors daily transportation activities.
• Database management with Peer Place, Speedway, DOT, and other relevant sites.
• Tallies daily units and prepares daily and monthly activity logs and reports. Ensures internal consistency and accuracy.
• Assists in coordination of activities at Older Adult Center as needed.
• Prepares timesheets for all drivers and maintains files on all administrative activities regarding transportation and transportation intakes.
• Oversees all transportation needs for older adults and program related activities.
• Responsible for tracking and keeping current all credentials of drivers
• Responsible for supervision of all drivers and proper documentation of incidents and/or complaints
• Responsible for all transportation equipment needs, maintenance, registrations, repairs, permits, and any other vehicle needs.
• Maintains clear records of all routes, contributions, and registrations for transportation services
• Conducting trainings on driver safety and emergency procedures
Education & Experience Requirements:
• AA degree in office management or equivalent experience.
• CPR certification required within 3 months of employment
• Employee must possess a valid driver's license issued by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.
• Must have three years of driving experience.
• Clean driving record
• No moving violations in the past two years.
• May be required to pass a pre-employment drug test, as well as at random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident drug and alcohol tests.
• Must provide a DMV issued driving abstract every year.
• Ability to operate a van or small bus.
• Knowledge of automotive mechanics
• Minimum two years customer service and/or administrative experience.
• Strong computer skills, including Excel
• Bilingual: English/ Spanish preferred
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other staff, volunteers, and participants.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Self-motivated.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to attend special certification trainings as needed (i.e. special needs assistance training, defensive driving, CPR, First Aid, etc.)
Driving, bending, sitting, stooping, standing and lifting. Ability to carry or move moderate size objects (40-60 lbs). Must have vision of 20/40 or better.
Work is performed inside/outside in all types of weather conditions. The employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
• 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
• Flexible spending account and transit program
• Employee Assistance Program
• 20 days of paid vacation per year
• 12 paid holidays
• 12 paid sick days per year
• 5 personal/floating days
• Life insurance
• Long-term disability
Send cover letter and resume email@example.com or fax to 718.784.7266, Attn: Melissa Vitale. Indicate “Older Adult Center Transportation Coordinator” in subject line.
Please Note: If hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Employer.