- Early Childhood
- Older Adults
- Youth Development
- Neighborhood Affordability
- Non-Profit Contracting
- 2020 Census
Sunnyside Community Services
Reports to: OAC Director
Our Mission: We enrich lives and strengthen communities through services and engagement for individuals at all ages, beginning with those most in need.
Our Vision: Sunnyside Community Services envisions diverse, inclusive, and caring communities where all people thrive and reach their fullest potential. Please visit our website at: www.scsny.org
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a multi-service, community-based organization providing a broad range of services to approximately 16,000 people of each year. Our services include:
A vibrant Older Adult Center (OAC), dedicated home care services, support and assistance for family caregivers, and social adult day program for people with cognitive and physical impairments. Our Older Adult Center (OAC) provides a multitude of services to participants 60 and older. The social services team at the OAC helps older adults to maintain independent and safe living in the community by providing information and referrals for benefits, entitlements, and other community resources.
• Conducting intakes to determine eligibility and assist older adults in accessing benefits and entitlements.
• Greeting and welcoming older adults. Encouraging their participation in activities and programming.
• Working as liaison in connecting older adults to other agency and community programs.
• Assisting with information and referral regarding services.
• Maintaining strict confidentiality for both client and personnel files and information.
• Conducting follow up via telephone with older adult center members
• Maintaining detailed logs of services rendered, entering case notes, and proper record keeping as per DFTA standards and requirements.
• Assisting with virtual programming of OAC activities
• Organizing pantry registration and distribution assistance.
• Maintaining and enhancing referral and information resources
• Participating in outreach events and trainings (i.e AED CPR, Mental Health, etc.)
• Provides coverage and substitutes for the Case Assistance worker and other areas of the OAC as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• BSW degree or Associate degree or BA/BS plus two years’ experience in related field.
• Bilingual: English/ Spanish required.
• Knowledge of social services; older adult relevant benefit and entitlement programs desirable.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and computer literacy.
• Strong interpersonal and public speaking communication skills.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, volunteers and other community/government agencies.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to make decisions with limited information.
• Ability to thrive in a constantly changing, fast paced, growing, and demanding environment.
• Ability to network with other departments and community service providers.
Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Knowledge of relevant benefits and entitlement programs.
Flexibility to accommodate Older Adult Center programming. Scheduling may at times include early mornings, evenings, and weekends, depending on OAC program needs.
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
• 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
• Flexible spending account and transit program
• Employee Assistance Program
• 20 days of paid vacation per year
• 12 paid holidays
• 12 paid sick days per year
• 5 personal/floating days
• Life insurance
• Long-term disability
Send cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Case Manager – Bilingual, Information & Referral, Older Adult Center (Full-Time)” in subject line.
Please Note: If hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires proof of vaccination as a condition of employment
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer