BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 37 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
BronxWorks is hiring (1) Accountant II for the Fiscal Department.
- Manage the monthly analysis and timely billing of all assigned government and foundation contracts.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly or semi-annual billing of all contracts as appropriate.
- Ensure that all activities under each grant fall within the funder and agency guidelines.
- Follow up expeditiously with all relevant government agencies on questioned expenditures. Ensure that BronxWorks receives the maximum amount of monies due.
- Maintain complete and accurate grant files.
- Process requests for advances on new contracts.
- Train program staff as needed on how to read the financial variance reports and on the proper coding of expenditures.
- Work proactively with program staff to provide all fiscal support needed in their management of their programs.
- Work with program staff to provide budget projections as required by program staff and government agencies. Ensure accuracy of budget information in the general ledger.
- Meet monthly with program staff to review financial status and that the budgets are up to date and accurate.
- Verify collections of funds with the Accountant, Accounts Receivable and ensure accuracy of receivable balances in the ledger for the assigned contracts.
- Prepare cash flow projections and provide monthly updates to cash flow analysis for contracts being managed.
- Attend professional trainings, including funder trainings, in order to be informed of any changes in funders’ requirements.
- Undertake special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of accounting experience.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial analysis.
- Ability to work within time constraints and able to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Knowledge of Accounting Software Fund E-Z is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
- Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English language is required. Authorization to work in the United States for any employer is mandatory.
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round.
- Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave
- 12 paid holidays.
- Comprehensive medical, and life insurance coverage care for employees and their families, at little or no cost to employees.
- A pension plan that is 100% employer paid
- Two tax deferred annuity plans and employee assistance in maximizing the pension plan and tax deferred annuity plans to prepare for retirement.
- TransitChek – Employees may use TransitChek to have money taken out of their pretax salaries to pay for their public transportation commute.
- Free and confidential assessment, counseling, and referral service, to assist employees and their families with a wide range of personal problems.
ADDITIONALLY, BronxWorks Offers:
- A comprehensive monthly training calendar
- Access to some scholarship opportunities
- Non-financial support and internship opportunities for employees who return to school, particularly for their Master of Social Work degrees
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination.