- Early Childhood
- Older Adults
- Youth Development
- Neighborhood Affordability
- Non-Profit Contracting
- 2020 Census
Sunnyside Community Services
Our Mission: We enrich lives and strengthen communities through services and engagement for individuals at all ages, beginning with those most in need.
Our Vision: Sunnyside Community Services envisions diverse, inclusive, and caring communities where all people thrive and reach their fullest potential. Please visit our website at: www.scsny.org
SUMMARY: The Home Health Aide Nurse Instructor is responsible for administering the Home Health Aide curriculum using various teaching methods in accordance with New York State Department of Health regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides instruction for HHA training, in-service, and competency.
• Maintains departmental goals and standards of operation.
• Interacts with the Nurse Manager to assess department needs and provides feedback on issues which emerge during the training.
• Completes S.P.T visits as needed.
• Performs additional duties, as assigned
• Must work well with people.
• Ability to understand and relate with diverse individuals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and adapt to the changing needs of program participants.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Sufficient visual and auditory acuity to comprehend communications and assess students’ needs.
• Registered Professional Nurse licensed to practice in New York State.
• Two years home care experience working for a Licensed Home Care Services Agency.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or a health or human services field is desirable.
• Ability to communicate proficiently and effectively in English and Spanish (must be able to provide official documentation as to the level of proficiency).
• The position may involve prolonged standing, walking, lifting supplies, stooping, and bending.
• When conducting SPT’s, may encounter prolonged walking, and/or stair climbing.
• Office setting may include out of office meetings/training
If you would like to join our team, please forward a cover letter and resume with the subject line: HHA Nurse Instructor Per Diem (Bilingual-English/Spanish) to Siobhan Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: If hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires proof of vaccination as a condition of employment
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer