HOUSING OUTREACH SPECIALIST (EARLY AM)
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The Manhattan Outreach Consortium provides outreach and housing placement services to adults who are street homeless. The Downtown office, services lower Manhattan and collaborates with various community partners and healthcare agencies throughout Manhattan.
1) Housing Placement and Case Management
· Serve as case manager for homeless adults, with a goal of placing them in transitional and permanent housing
· Conduct assessments, service planning, advocacy, referral services and escorts
· Maintain client case records and enter data in computer database using handheld and desktop computers
· Provide follow-up case management for clients placed in housing, to promote retention and document outcomes
· Communicate with evening/weekend staff and with staff of other agencies to coordinate client service
2) Outreach services
· Participate in outreach canvassing to identify and communicate with homeless clients
· Drive outreach van
· Work on evening, overnight and weekend outreach shifts when needed
3) Manhattan Consortium team member
· Attend staff meetings, case conferences, training programs and supervision meetings; participate in program evaluation and improvement
4) Participation in the annual HOPE count and mini counts of homeless individuals living on the street. Schedule shift to overnight hours at least three nights out of a year would be necessary for homeless counts.
5) Other duties as required
· Bachelors Degree preferred
· Prior experience with the homeless and/or mentally ill population preferred and expertise in at least one aspect of services to the homeless, such as substance abuse
· Prior experience with housing facilities and social services
· Valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets the agency’s auto insurance guidelines (including no suspensions within the last 3 years)
· Flexibility in work hours; available to work evening, overnight and weekend shifts when required
· Frequent walking and standing
· Occasional lifting
· Indoors and outdoors; all weathers
· Work site is in basement
Salary InformationCategory: Full-time / Hourly (35 hours/ week)
Days/ Hours: Mon-Fri 5:30 am to 1:30 pm
Salary commensurate with experience and union guidelines
Excellent benefits package
To ApplySend cover letter and resume with salary requirements directly to Jennie Drossman, Program Director, at email@example.com, and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job related task other than those specifically presented in this description.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.