CORNERSTONE ASSISTANT PROGRAM DIRECTOR - Baruch Community Center
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPSONSIBILITES:
Under the direction of the Cornerstone Program Director, ensure the following:
PROGRAM & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to full-time and part-time program staff
- Recruit, hire, orient and evaluate program staff assigned to center-based after school program, evenings, Saturdays and summer day camp
- Provide direct/indirect supervision of all program staff and delivery of services on a day-to-day basis, in order to ensure that all goals, targets, and performance outcomes are met on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Responsible for participant recruitment and retention strategies by utilizing the DYCD online report
- Serves as the primary liaison for school administration, parents and other community entities and constituencies
- Prepare and evaluate mid-year performance reviews of program staff
- Work with program staff to improve job performance through ongoing mentoring and coaching, and monthly staff development
- Facilitate bi-monthly team meetings and ensure that all staff meetings are properly executed
- Set, communicate and enforce clear standards for quality youth development programming
- Actively engage community residents, local businesses, community leaders, tenant association, youth, and Resident Advisor to participant on monthly advisory board and youth council to support to community needs
- Must understand and navigate community culture and dynamic to ensure program quality
- Participate in ongoing efforts to advocate for program needs via community coalition building and via administering feedback surveys and program assessments
- Seek partnership opportunities and bring in at least 3 new partners a year to support programs
- Create quarterly community events, special events, and workshop series
- Assess program on quarterly to ensure that community needs
- Ensure attendance tracking and reporting meets contractual requirements regarding enrollment and attendance.
- Respond to all electronic and phone communication within 2 business days
- Ensure all DOH School-Aged Child Care and DOH Summer Day Camp regulations and procedures are complied with and conduct quarterly self-checklist inspection
- Coordinate and execute all major events and activities along with other GSS’s Program Directors
- Responsible for the CACFP Food Program and all of its components, including reporting and maintaining appropriate documentation
- Communicate with NYCHA and DYCD key stakeholders, as well as participate in meetings
- Prepare monthly calendar of events, programs, meetings, and activities.
- Create a budget plan that supports program needs and ensure timely spending.
- Collaborate on cross-borough and agency/ department wide events and strategic planning efforts.
- Maintain and diligently follow up on facility logs to ensure timely response
- Ensure maintenance and cleanliness of facility and coordinate with agency (NYCHA & DYCD) to effectively maximize program space
- Bi-yearly beautification/upgrade projects for the center
- Seek partnership opportunities and bring in at least 3 new partners a year
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director/CPO
- SUMMER: Manage MS Expansion program (open seven days a week) as required and be available during off hours to provide additional support as needed to the Assistant Director and Evening Supervisors (including weekends).
Salary InformationPROGRAM: DYCD Cornerstone Initiative
REPORTS TO: Cornerstone Program Director
LOCATION: Baruch Community Center
SALARY: $15/Per Hour; Commensurate with professional work related experience, program contract work scope, funding, and job performance
WORK SCHEDULE: School-Year: Monday-Friday, 6pm-10pm, alternating Saturdays
Summer: Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm; at least 3 days out of the summer program weeks PD must close program at 11pm; Saturdays (various); as an exempt employee, working hours will include non-standard hours
To ApplySubmit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills & experience meet the position you are applying for. Also, provide us with three professional references that we can contact (at least one should be from a former supervisor) with the subject header “Assistant Program Director”, to both Mimi Woldemariam at firstname.lastname@example.org, and Jason Cotto at email@example.com
No phone calls, please. EOE
If selected for this position, applicant must obtain NYC Dept. of Health fingerprint clearance and State Central Registry (SCR) clearance (fees may apply); ability to maintain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance and fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.