CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER I, Level II
OVERVIEW: University Settlement provides a comprehensive network of services to over 20,000 people of all ages living in the Lower East Side. Its broad network of activities includes adult literacy classes, mental health counseling and intensive case management; group and family day care; support services to the formerly homeless; after-school and summer camp for children and teens; a senior center and a credit union.
- Provide evidence based and evidence supported individual, group and family therapy including insight oriented and supportive therapy to an ethnically and culturally diverse population, ranging in age from 5 6 years through late adulthood.
- Conduct intakes and biopsychosocial evaluations
- Develop treatment plans for clients as indicated.
- Maintain reports and administrative and clinical records in accordance with OMH/DOH&MH standards, ensuring compliance with requirements and program policies.
- Facilitate intra/inter agency referrals as necessary.
- Advocate for patients with other community based organizations and governmental agencies as indicated.
- Conduct home visits as necessary.
- Coordinate outreach activities with community based programs.
- Obtain and monitor managed care authorizations.
- Participate in staff meetings, case conferences, training seminars and individual supervisory meetings.
- Provide outreach to and engage new and resistive mental health clients.
- Capacity to function as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Perform other duties as required by Clinical Director.
- Minimum of an advanced degree in social work (MSW)
- LMSW or LCSW certification required
- Two to three years of post-masters clinical experience in a mental health setting preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with evidence-based treatment approaches
- Experience with treating children and adults in an outpatient setting
- Experience with individual and group psychotherapy sessions
- Bilingual Spanish speaking is required.
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to the link below. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Salary InformationHours: 35 hours per week (Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday Three evening per week are required (11:30am to 7:30pm or 12pm-8pm
Salary: Low 50s , plus generous benefits package
To ApplyContact: Submit cover letter and resume to the link below. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No telephone inquiries.
University Settlement is an equal opportunity employer